Resume Preparation Tips
These resume preparation tips are suggested to ensure the best opportunity of success in applying for a position at the Jewish Home.
- Use standard typeface fonts in a size of 12 points.
- Use standard 8.5 x 11 white paper with black ink.
- Use standard, one-inch margins.
- Use laser or ink-jet quality printer.
- Limit resume to one or two pages, one-sided only.
- Put name, address, e-mail address, and phone number on top of first page.
- Place name on top of second page.
- Provide details about your job experience, including skills that relate to the position you’re seeking. Give your most recent experience first.
- List any licenses or certificates that you hold. These may include RN, LVN, CNA, etc.
- Mention any foreign languages you speak.
- List your educational achievements, with specific degrees and dates received.
- Use typical headings, such as Summary, Qualifications, Skills, Education, Experience, Licenses.
- Do not attach licenses, certificates, or letters of recommendation. These will be requested prior to an interview.
Fax your resume to the Jewish Home at: 818.881.7564.