Welcome to the Jewish Home's
A message from the Home's Vice President of Human Resources, Sharon Ginchansky.
Dear Prospective Jewish Home Employee,
The Jewish Home is one of Southern California’s leading senior residential care providers. We offer our employees a rewarding working environment with generous benefits, compensation, and advancement opportunities.
Jewish Home employees are known for their personal commitment to our mission of improving lives and making the Home a wonderful place for seniors to live.
A key to this success is our emphasis on building relationships between our staff members and residents. At the Home, all employees are welcomed like members of a family in which every individual makes a unique contribution.
With a successful tradition of caring and openness to new ideas, we create a dynamic working environment and a healthy community for our residents.
The Jewish Home stands out from other residential senior care providers in many ways:
- Pleasant working environment. Our employees are supported by managing staff and appreciated by residents and their families.
- Employee Recognition. The Home places a high value on the contributions of our employees. We celebrate those contributions with monthly recognition, our Home Team awards, and every May during National Nursing Home Week.
- Family spirit. The Jewish Home offers a friendly atmosphere of helpful fellow employees and accessible management in every department.
- Advancement. Because the Jewish Home is an expanding organization, we offer many opportunities for professional growth, and are committed to your continuing career development.
- Plentiful supplies. The Home is well-stocked with supplies to help our employees accomplish their jobs in a timely and successful fashion.
- Staff-to-resident ratios. Favorable ratios allow employees to spend more meaningful time with residents.
- Pride. The Jewish Home is a world-renowned provider of expert, compassionate residential senior care.
Our training programs include instruction as a restorative nursing assistant (RNA), certified nursing assistant (CNA), and continue through preparation for the licensed vocational nurse (LVN) examination at our Annenberg School of Nursing. No other residential care provider in Southern California provides so many advancement opportunities.
The Home is such a rewarding place to work; you will encounter a highly dedicated, positive staff. Our staff retention record is among the highest in the state. Over 100 employees have now been with the Jewish Home for more than 20 years. Anniversaries for 30 years of service are common here. It is truly an incredible place to work!
Thank you again for considering the Jewish Home as your place of employment. I encourage you to visit all parts of our Career Center and to contact us on Facebook with any questions you may have.
Best of luck in your job search,
Vice-President, Human Resources
Five Facts to Know About the Jewish Home
- The largest non-profit comprehensive provider of senior services in the Western U.S.
- Celebrating nearly a century of caring for seniors in Los Angeles. Our 100th Anniversary is in 2012!
- Cares for 900 full-time residents at seven levels of care. Open to seniors of all cultures and ethnicities.
- Two San Fernando Valley campuses, with plans for a third campus on the Westside of Los Angeles.
- Offers a complete range of medical services and activities for the body, mind, and spirit.
Learn more about the Jewish Home here.